Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Life Gets in the Way

Well true to form, I'm a little over two weeks into a healthy start and life is creeping up on me. There is suddenly an onslaught of work - I'm putting in several hours of overtime this week and that really cuts into the time I use to build healthy meals and to exercise.

I wasn't eating very well during the first half of this week... and getting very little exercise - I was just too exhausted after working such long days. Wah wah wah...

I knew I needed to suck it up because life will ALWAYS get in the way. I decided to just stay up late last night to wash and prepackage all of my fruit and veggies into easy-to-grab portions. That allowed me to get my lunch with ease this morning AND I don't have much to do to make a healthy dinner. It's a step in the right direction.

I have also been trying to get up from my desk more often during the day. I'm sitting at that desk for 10 hours a day sometimes and my poor body is forgetting how to move! I am going to set a reminder tomorrow for every hour or so to remind me to take a break from what I'm doing and just get up and take a quick stroll around the area. Another trick I have is to take the stairs to use the restroom on the first floor. I'm going to drink extra water tomorrow to make those trips on the stairs more frequent.

I know it's probably not enough but every little bit helps.

Right??

No comments:

Post a Comment